I realized the other day that Returning To Earth is in need of a simple, and clear structure. That in order to reach as many people as possible and encourage them to make conscious, mindful contact with the healing power of the Earth, I need to simplify and clarify the message and the practice that I am espousing as the route to Healing Nature Connection.
I have identified three practices that, when combined, yield a profoundly relaxing and healing state of mind, body, and soul - and thus to healing. I will continue discussing and exploring Nature Connection and the treatment of Nature Deficit Disorder through the use of these three practices in further posts.
Here they are:
- Conscious Breathing - slowing the mind, focussing on the breath. Slowing the inhale and exhale rates to be five, six, seven, eight, nine, even ten seconds long. And also to engage "pranayama breath" which I have written a post on here.
- Sense inventory - after slowing the breathing and focussing on the breath, taking some time to notice all of the senses, including the sense of heart - the feeling in the heart, the emotional feeling as well as the senses of sight, sound, smell, physical touch, and taste. THis practice of identifying the information that is coming into your body through your senses as well as your sense of well-being will further ground you in the present moment.
- Mindful Nature Connection - this is the last step. Here you use your mind constructively to notice more of what you are sensing, taking the time you need to appreciate, marvel at, and understand the part of the natural world in which you are immersed at that moment.
- you are now breathing slowly and consciously and fully aware and observant of all the sensations and feelings in your present environment -
That's it. Three practices:
1) Conscious Breathing
2) Sense Inventory
3) Mindful Natural Connection
Until next time. Explore Nature. Feel your connection. Keep Breathing.